Written by:Ian Hayhurst
So, what sorts of treasures did everyone find at Hershey this year?
I’ll share the story of one of mine.
While walking the middle of the Red field, I spotted an air compressor. It
seemed to be in decent shape, and had a price tag of $60. The vendor
quickly told me (without asking) he would take $50, then $40. I told him
that it was a bit smaller than what I had in mind and thanked him. I then
proceeded to think about it all afternoon. Anyhow, I went back as he was
closing, offered $30, and it was mine.
One minor problem, it lacked a handle. So, I crab walked it across the
field, back to home base. By the time I got back, I was fully winded.
Needless to say, I elicited a couple of skeptically raised eyebrows.
Since getting it home, I have done the following with my prize:
* bought a new hose (I knew that would be needed)
* fixed the cracked regulator switch (I may have caused that)
* fixed the pump-to-tank feed line (I may have caused that too)
* bought a nifty Canadian Tire air tool kit
* completely tore down the pump to free the seized piston
* changed the oil
* fired it up and watched it vibrate across the floor like an exploring
And finally, I can fill my tires! Just need to add a handle….oh, and touch
up the garage door trim where I tipped it over…..